Serve Groups -- Serve our church, our community, and our world.
Browse through our Winter 2020 Serve Group listings below; then click on the Group Source Registration Form button to register for the group number of your choice. Or, contact the source person if you have questions. You may wish to check out the Connect, Grow, Youth, or Sunday School/Nursery Groups as well.
7. UMCOR Kits - Watch for Details - Fellowship Hall Pack United Methodist Committee On Relief kits and share a potluck dinner. Watch for more details to come! Brian Bowman (email@example.com) 616-885-6040
8. Annual Chicken BBQ - May 25 - Service Time varies with task Many hands make light work and increase the fun! Everyone is welcome to help out, whether it be food preparation, serving or clean-up. Connie Almy (firstname.lastname@example.org) 616-443-9436
9. UMW -- First Thursday of the month - Starts January 2 - 9:30 am The United Methodist Women (UMW) is a community of women whose purpose is to know God and help others know Him too! This group is open to all women, and all women are invited. Two of the best benefits of our group are fun and friendship! Our focus is missions, especially in our own community. We are all about helping others with community meals, adopting a family at Christmastime, and helping children with payment for school lunches, to name a few. Our meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month except July and August. Hope to see you there! Jan Mosser (email@example.com) 517-647-6458
10. UMW Community Meals - Third Monday of the Month Cass Community Social Services, located in Detroit, started as part of Cass Community Methodist Episcopal Church in the 1930’s. It works across the city of Detroit addressing the needs of the poverty stricken and homeless and provides programs for food, health, housing and jobs. We will spend a day, 9 am - 4 pm, helping with whatever their current needs may be. Help cook or serve dinner at the Congregational Church on January 20, February 17, March 16, April 20, May 18. Jan Mosser (firstname.lastname@example.org) 517-647-6458
11. PUMC's Prayer Team - Weekly Receive weekly and sporadic e-mail prayer requests for our church family and beyond. Wendy Mallek (email@example.com) 517-647-6366
12. Hospitality Team -- Once per month for the semester (January- May) Serve in our Welcome Center on Sunday mornings making coffee and being a welcoming presence. You will be contacted to select dates(s) or call the office. PUMC office (firstname.lastname@example.org) 517-647-4649
13. Worship Support Team -- Once, Monthly, or as Fill-In Serve your church as a greeter, usher, or Communion server. You will be contacted to select area of service and week of the month. PUMC office (email@example.com) 517-647-4649
14. The Holy Folders -- Last Wednesday of the Month - 1:00 pm Serve your church and enjoy some fellowship too as you help fold, collate, seal and label our monthly newsletter. PUMC office (firstname.lastname@example.org) 517-647-4649
15. Choir -- Weekly (January - May) Join our choir in providing music for worship at our 9:00 am service on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month. Choir Practice is every Wednesday from 7:00 to 7:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Louise Hill (email@example.com) 517-647-7955
16. Praise Team -- Weekly - Year Round Sing or play an instrument in our Praise Team at our 11:00 am service. Practices are every Wednesday 7:30–9:00 pm. Sherry Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) 517-285-0640
17. Caring Friends -- Monthly Visitation Schedule - Various Times (January - May) Help our home bound friends still feel connected to the church through this ministry of visitation. Each Caring Friend makes one visit per month for the semester. Pastor Tish Bowman (email@example.com) 517-994-8545
18. Media Team --- Weekly - Time varies with task Have a good ear for music but don’t play an instrument or sing? How about running a sound board, the computer, or the video camera. Help with inputting the weekly service into the computer for projection. Help with picture-taking for events, services, programs & anything we can use for our website and Facebook Page. Sherry Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) 517-285-0640