This summer we will be offering different groups online and in person. Each group is featured in this Group Source catalog which will give you a group description, dates and times, as well as leader, and contact information. But don’t worry, sign-up will be easy; simply use your Connection Card on Sunday morning or complete and submit the green form at the end of this catalog.
See you in a group! (or two, or three…!) -- Pastor Tish
Please note: A sign-up form is given in the green shaded box at the end of the catalog information.
Connect with others and build spiritual friendships.
1. The Gathering - Sundays- 10 am - June 12th outside at the fire pit (Fellowship Hall in case of rain).
Gather now with friends for a casual, summer-vibe worship service with music and children’s ministry. Everyone welcome, no need to sign up, just come and gather with us in God’s natural setting. Contact Pastor Tish Bowman (email@example.com) or call the office at 517-647-4649.
3. Christian Book Club - Monthly - June 6th as an email group gathering to vote for a book to read. You will be given 3 choices. As everyone is busy and some take longer to enjoy reading a book than others, the participates will be given a month to complete the reading. At the end of the month, on June 27th, we will either choose to get together for lemonade and snacks at the church to discuss the book, or we will continue through email participation. It will be your choice. The books will be Christian in nature and chosen with care. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the group and to provide your email address. You may join at anytime. Contact Vickee Balser at 239-671-9879 if you have any questions or suggestions for the book of the month.
4. Walking Group - 1st Wednesday of the month - 12:30 pm, the 1st Wednesday of June at our church (no walking during rain). Let’s get going and walk in beautiful Portland. Everyone welcome, all ages (you know your own stamina). Bring your friends, neighbors, and your children (with the understanding that a parent be present and responsible for their child). Duration approximately 1/2 hour. No need to sign up, just show up! Contact Vickee Balser at the church office 517-647-4649.
5. Feldpausch Potluck Bonfire Nights –Saturdays - 6:30 pm - dates announced during the summer months, at the Feldpausch home, 6316 Gibbs Rd, Portland, MI.
You are invited to a bonfire at the Feldpausch home. Bring a chair and dish to pass. Hot dogs and paper products will be supplied. Lots of fun activities for the kids and fellowship for the adults. The dates for these bonfire nights are July 13 and August 13. Contact Beth Feldpausch at 989-640-5250 if you are interested in helping.
Grow in your relationship with God and in the character of Christ.
1. Children’s Ministry - Sunday - 9am Service—and 10 am Gathering Service Online at PMUC Community is available at anytime. Kids K-5th. Interact with activities having fun and learning about God.
2. UMC Summer Camp—June—August The Michigan conference offers many opportunities for children and youth camping. Register today at umcamping.org for elementary, middle School, and specialized high school camps for leader in training and counselor in training. Portland United Methodist Church offers scholarships of 1/2 the fee for attending camp.
Serve our church, our community, and our world.
1. United Women of Faith (formerly United Methodist Women) - 1st Thursday of the month - 10:00 am - Esther Room
There will be a luncheon on Thursday, June 2nd at 12:00 pm with everyone invited. No meeting in July or August resuming in September. All women welcome to attend and join. Contact Jan Mosser at 517-526-5791.
2. PUMC’s Prayer Team through group email Receive a text or email from Flocknote with an update on how to pray for our church and receive prayer requests gathered from our congregation. Contact Pastor Tish Bowman - (email@example.com) or 517-994-8545.
3. Worship Support Team serves on a schedule, usually once a month, or as needed at church Serve your church as a greeter, usher, or set-up help for the outdoor worship. You will be contacted to select an area of service and the week you are scheduled. Contact Connie Almy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 616-443-9436.
4. 2nd Thursday Meals - Thursday - 5:00 pm - throughout the year - at the church Meals are cooked and delivered the 2nd Thursday of the month. Calls are made to each household the week of delivery to ensure they will be home. Extra delivery drivers needed between 5:15-6:15. If you are able to help cook or provide food, please contact Sherry Miller at 517-285-0640.
5. Annual Memorial Day BBQ - Monday - 11 am until 2 pm - May 30th at 4090 VFW Hall Contact Connie Almy if you would like to participate in supporting this fun, family event which raises funds for the VFW Hall and Portland United Methodist Church. Sign-up through email at email@example.com or call 616-443-9436.
You may register on the sign-up form below for any of the events in our catalog or email or phone the contact person listed with the event.