Welcome to Groups Ministry at PUMC! Here at PUMC we offer a small groups system designed to reach new people for Jesus and help those who are already following Jesus to grow in their discipleship. We offer three types of groups:
Connect Groups: Connect with others. Build spiritual friendships. Grow Groups: Grow in your relationship with God and in the character of Christ. Serve Groups: Serve our church, our community, and our world.
Connect with others and build spiritual friendships.
1. Portland Duffers - Thursdays- 9:30 am - May through September. Calling all golfers! Join us for a fun round of ‘Best Ball Golf Scramble.” Tee times are 9:30 am, please arrive no later than 9:10 am. Courses played are: Centennial in Sunfield, Huckleberry in Pewamo, Willow Wood, and Portland Country Club. Details, dates, and courses located at www.portlandumc.org/portlandduffers.html.
Contact Bill Almy (email@example.com) or call 616-540-0917.
2. Christian Book Club - Monthly The Portland UMC Book Club meets the 3rd Monday of the month year round. The times and places vary from our church to local settings around Portland. It’s a great time for fellowship and sharing the love of books. Each month a different themed book is presented by email and discussed at the next meeting.
Contact Vickee Balser (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 239-671-9879 if you have any questions or suggestions for the book of the month.
Grow in your relationship with God and in the character of Christ.
1. Seedlings Nursery– Sundays during Traditions Service– 9:00 am Seedlings nursery is safe and loving environment for children to experience spiritual growth thru story, activities, and communication. The nursery is structured for children ages birth-3 years old. Our nursery hour is structured to have free play, a Bible story, an activity, more free play, and clean up. For more information,
Contact Mary Bresnahan(email@example.com) at 517-526-7571.
2. UMC Summer Camp—June—August The Michigan conference offers many opportunities for children and youth camping. Register today at umcamping.org for elementary, middle School, high school, and specialized camps for grandparents, sports, arts and kayaking! Portland United Methodist Church offers scholarships of 1/2 the fee for attending camp.
Serve our church, our community, and our world.
1. United Women in Faith (formerly United Methodist Women) - 1st Thursday of the month There will be a salad luncheon on Thursday, June 1st at 12:00 pm. All women are welcome to attend and join the group. Our meeting times and locations will vary for July and August as the group plans to mee in locations around the community.
For more information, contact Jan Mosser (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 517-526-5791.